Friday, November 12, 2010


Week Twelve (11-12-2010) Journal

On the 12th of November 2010, it was a bright Friday afternoon when we begun a trip to the Thomasville Medical Center with the purpose of learning the health system of the United States and to find answers to our numerous questions of which includes why health care is expensive?.  We were met on arrival by two energetic women who managers this wonderful facility. They took us through comprehensive presentations about what the facility had to offer its customers and also explain the systematic processes involved when someone needs their service. They could not explain to my satisfaction as to what causes the health care to be expensive until its time to tour the entire facility and after the one hour tour, I need no one to explain to me again looking at measures put in place, for instance the technology, the privacy, and the Nurses to patient ratio, etc. I felt like spending a night at the hospital just to enjoy some of the quality services they provide. It’s really a nice opportunity for us and we had a great time.

On the 12th & 13th November 2010, Younas, Faiz and I went to the North Carolina International Students Conference held at High Point University. The conference brought together international students all across the state for the two day event which includes various activities ranging from theoretical to practical and entertainment where I for the first time dance in a public. It is a wonderful experience and I will never forget it.

Monday 15th Nov. 2010, the international education week celebration week kicks off of a powerful speech from the keynote speaker who is surprisingly a Ghanaian- American citizen who lives in New York. Shortly after his speech, Akua and I was schedule to make a presentation about Ghana which start at 12:30pm, it was the first official presentation for me but the second for Akua and I was very excited about the success of this event since both of us work tirelessly in preparing for it. The attendance was great and we also met their expectation for the day and that makes me happier.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment