Thursday, September 2, 2010

Third week 9/2/2010 Journal


2nd Sept. 2010 we read about how European explore the Americas and the Slave trade that took place several years ago in the Americas and Africa. I was very sad about the cruel treatment that my fellow people received from the Europeans explorers all in the name of power and wealthiness.
Saturday 4th Sept.2010 I had an opportunity to watch a football game between Duke University and Elon University at Duke Campus in Raleigh. The atmosphere was filled with joy as football fans troops into the stadium to capacity.
In actual fact, I was happy because this happens to be my first time to watch an American football and also to watch a game amidst such a crowd of almost 30,000 spectators.
Sunday 5th Sept.2010 My colleagues and I were invited to a cookout party in Lexington by one of instructors. This day was very memorable in that I received messages and a lot of gift as part of my birthday from all the instructors present.
Monday 6th Sept.2010 I was not left out in the labor holiday as we were taken to a lakeside where we ride in the boat and participated in other fun activities. It was my first time of riding in this kind of boat and this makes the day interesting. As we returned from the lakeside, I organized a small party to to finalize the 24th anniversary and it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment