Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week Six (9/23/2010) Journal


Friday 24th Sept. 2010, I did my first presentation on the topic “a day in the life of Ghana” at the Davie Campus of DCCC. I presented about how the people of Ghana live with emphasis on education, health, culture by using pictures and videos which makes it interesting and interactive. I was impressed as well because of the large turnout just that I don’t have much time to explain into detail about my beloved Country Ghana.Everything went successfully as planned and I am happy for everything.
Saturday 25th Sept. 2010, Ms. Susan Scarboro took us her friend’s house in Thomasville after a boring everybody’s day Thomasville where I was surprised to see some vegetables from Ghana in her garden and ate a fruit she said it’s from Thailand. We had a great time in the herb garden since each of us were able to locate some of the crops which are the same in our various Countries but  are used differently from the way we  used them. We were all surprised to see all these crops because none of us was expecting.
Monday 27th Sept. 2010, Akua and I were invited to make a presentation about foods in Ghana in a class of Humanity Students at DCCC Campus on the topic “exploring cultures through foods”. The  student were assigned to make research about Ghanaian foods and prepare some of them prior to the presentation, so we are supposed to judge based upon tasting their foods as to whether is exactly in Ghana. At the end of the one hour presentation made-up of videos of how most of Ghanaian dishes were prepared, we  tasted the dishes made by each student and it very interesting and surprising to know how wonderful they did even though they did not get the right ingredient for most of the dishes.
I enjoyed this presentation because it was interactive and many question were asked which makes us explained into detail procedure about our food.


No comments:

Post a Comment